The Best Bikepacking Bags and Panniers for Different Types of Bikes
Are you planning a bikepacking trip but don't know which bags and panniers to choose? Choosing the right gear is crucial to ensure a comfortable and successful trip. Here are the best bikepacking bags and panniers for various types of bikes.
Road bikes are built for speed, so you'll want to keep your gear as light as possible. To maximize aerodynamics, use a saddlebag or a frame bag. Here are our top picks:
- Ortlieb Seat-Pack: This saddlebag is waterproof and has a roll-top closure to keep your gear dry in all weather conditions. It's easy to install and remove, and its volume can be adjusted to fit your needs.
- Revelate Designs Tangle Frame Bag: This frame bag fits snugly against your bike's frame and won't interfere with your pedaling. It has a waterproof zipper and enough space for essential items like a phone, wallet, and snacks.
Mountain bikes are built for rugged terrains, so you'll need gear that can withstand harsh conditions. A frame bag and handlebar bag are two great options for a mountain bike.
- Bedrock Bags Honaker: This frame bag is made with durable materials and has a padded and waterproof construction. It fits most full-suspension mountain bikes and has enough space for a hydration bladder.
- Revelate Designs Sweetroll: This handlebar bag is perfect for carrying a sleeping bag, tent, or other bulky items. It's waterproof and has a roll-top closure to keep your gear dry.
Touring bikes are built for long-distance rides, so you'll need gear that's both durable and comfortable. Panniers are a popular option for touring bikes.
- Ortlieb Back-Roller Classic: These panniers have a waterproof construction and a roll-top closure to keep your gear dry. They attach easily to your bike's rear rack and have enough space for all your essentials.
- Arkel Dry-Lites: These panniers are lightweight and waterproof, making them perfect for long-distance rides. They have a simple attachment system and an adjustable volume to fit your needs.
Gravel bikes are built for mixed terrain, so you'll need gear that's versatile and durable. A combination of frame bags and handlebar bags works well for gravel bikes.
- Rockgeist Custom Frame Bags: These frame bags are custom-made to fit your bike's frame perfectly. They're made with waterproof materials and have a variety of pockets for easy organization.
- Revelate Designs Jerry Can: This handlebar bag is perfect for carrying small items like tools and snacks. It's waterproof and attaches easily to your bike's handlebars.
Choosing the right bikepacking bag or pannier is crucial to ensure a comfortable and successful trip. Consider your bike's type, the terrain you'll be riding on, and the gear you'll need before making your decision. With the right gear, you'll be ready for any adventure on two wheels.